Monday, January 4, 2010

English Learning Activities


ADDITIONAL ACTIVITIES


I. Listening


The teacher dictates the following dialogue. The students write
down in their note book.
Customer : Waiter, there are some coins in my soup
Waiter : Well, you said you wanted some change in your
meal.
Customer : I have got a piece of meat.
Waiter : All right. I will cut it into two for you.
Customer : There is a fly in my soup.
Waiter : Don’t worry sir. He won’t drink much.

II. Speaking


For asking information politely, we use modals like can and
could.


Your school has decided to send you for a competition
on Subramaniya Bharathiyar. You go to the library and talk to
the Librarian.

Student : Can you tell me if our library has a book on
Bharathiyar’s Poems?
Librarian : Yes, we have.
Student : Could I borrow it for a few days?
Librarian : Yes, of course. But someone has borrowed it.
Student : Can I borrow it on Friday?
Librarian : Yes.
Student : Can I xerox. a few pages from the book? Could
you permit me?

No comments:

Best English conversation - Popular Posts