Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Telephone conversation basic example


BUSINESS ENGLISH - TELEPHONE
Useful telephone vocabulary and phrases in English


Giving negative information



  • I'm afraid the line's engaged. Could you call back later?

  • I'm afraid he's in a meeting at the moment

  • I'm sorry. He's out of the office today / He isn't in at the moment.

  • I'm afraid we don't have a Mr/Mrs/Miss ... here

  • I'm sorry. There's nobody here by that name.

  • Sorry. I think you've dialed the wrong number.

  • Sorry. I'm afraid you've got the wrong number.


Telephone problems



  • The line is very bad. Could you speak up please?

  • Could you repeat that please?

  • I'm afraid I can't hear you.

  • Sorry. I didn't catch that. Could you say that again please?


Leaving/taking a message



  • Can I leave/take a message?

  • Would you like to leave a message?

  • Could you give him/her a message?

  • Could you ask him/her to call me back?

  • Would you like him/her to call you back?

  • Could you tell him/her that I called?

  • Could you give me your name please?

  • Could you spell that please?

  • What's your number please?

No comments:

Best English conversation - Popular Posts