Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Expressions in English - Sample dialogue

Srinath : Good morning, Sir. (greeting-formal)
Headmaster : Good morning Mr. Srinath.
Prabhu : Hello, Srinath. (greeting-informal)
Srinath : Hello Prabhu. how are you?
Prabhu : I’m fine. How are you?
Headmaster : I am glad you both have come on time.
(expressing happiness)
Srinath : Sir, it is very kind of you to have invited us.
(thanking-formal)
Headmaster : It’s a pleasure! (responding to thanks) My wife
suggested that we ask you both over to tea.
Prabhu : We too have been wanting to visit you.
Headmaster : Thanking you. (neutral)
Shall we start with the slices of cake?
(suggesting) Would you like these plum cakes?
Srinath : I would love to. (expressing liking)
Headmaster : Help yourselves with these sandwiches.
(offering)
Prabhu : They are really delicious!
Headmaster : Mr. Sri, how do you like your tea? Strong
(asking for liking)
Srinath : Not very strong Sir. Thank you. (thanking neutral)
Headmaster : Welcome! (responding to thanking
you Mr. Prabhu?
Prabhu : A little strong, (stating slight preference)
Headmaster : I think you take more sugar.
Prabhu : Yes Sir, two spoonfuls.
Headmaster : Here you are. By the way, how’s our students’
performance?
Srinath : We can expect better result this year.
Headmaster : That’s fine.
Prabhu : I can assure you a minimum often centums in
Mathematics.
Headmaster : Oh, really. That’s great! (expressing satisfaction)
How about another cup of tea? (suggesting informal)
Prabhu : That’s very kind of you. Sir (thanking- formal)
But I am afraid I am full. (refusing politely)

3 comments:

daipamei said...

Thanks!

Raffkhan said...

I'm glad to learn english here

fasloon said...

i also glad to lern here..

Best English conversation - Popular Posts