Thursday, June 10, 2010

Conversation between Friends - Cricket - Example sentence

Raj : Hey Seema, did you watch the match yesterday?
Suchin was in terrific form.
Seema : Oh yes, I did. But don’t you think we should stop
spending so much money on cricket and cricketers?
Raj : No way. I don’t think so. I don’t agree with you,
Seema, Cricket is, the only sport we excel at as a
nation. So there’s nothing wrong in encouragomg the
game.
What do you feel Arun?
Arun :I tend to disagree with you Raj. However if you
want my frank opinion, I feel India can do without
cricket until poverty und illiteracy are eradiaited
Riglit, Seema ?
Seema : Absolutely! OUR focus should be on economic
development right now.
Raj : I think-both of you are very foolish. Cricket creates
so much national pride that it binds the nation.

Now look at these phrases:

don’t you think.... No way. I don’t think so. I don’t agree with
you..,, I tend to disagree.., However if you want my frank
opinion.., I feel.... Right ...? Absolutely...

All these phrases arc used to agree or disagree with or to
offer an opinion on a topic.

No comments:

Best English conversation - Popular Posts