Thursday, December 29, 2016

how to speak dialogues-between two strangers


Examples of dialogues;


Conversation between two strangers
(Generally two strangers talk about the weather.)

Arun : It’s pretty hot today. Isn’t it?

Balu : Yes, it certainly is. It’s like summer.

Arun : Very surprising for October! How I wish it rained!

Balu: That’s right; or else we’ll have water scarcity this year too.

Arun : Last week it was a little cool.

Balu: Yes, it was. I thought it might rain. But it didn’t.


Arun : I wonder what the weather will be like tomorrow.

Balu: Looks like we’ll have another hot, sunny day.



Example-2

Talking about future plans

A teacher of English, on her retirement, talks about her plans to her colleagues.

Colleague 1 : Now that you’re retiring, what do you plan to do?

Teacher : I’m going to write a book. I want to share my experiences with others.

Colleague 2 : Are you going to stay in Chennai?

Teacher : No, I’m thinking of settling down in my home town, Thanjavur.

Colleague 1 : What other plans do you have?

Teacher : I’m planning to teach Spoken English. Before that I’m likely to go to the States, for a short stay with my son.

All :We wish you all the very best.

Teacher : Thank you.


practice the following dialogue.

A. Hello Paul! Where are you going ?

B. Hi Seeni! I’m going to the bank to encash a cheque.

C. Mind your purse. There are a lot of pick - pockets in the city. How are you going?

D. By bus.

E. Take my bike. But be careful. I’ll go with you, if you like.





No comments:

Best English conversation - Popular Posts